Re: [Denemo-devel] New mingw branch

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] New mingw branch
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:17:09 -0600

So if it is gdk-pixbuf that is giving us issues we could compile it with debuging symbols so that you can transverse into it with gdb and find out what is going on.

Jeremiah

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 12:16 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I believe the mingw branch should compile for you.
OK, I'm building that now...
>  I don't know how to help any more. It does not work in wine. Where
> exactly is it crashing? didn't you gdb running in windows?
Yes, under gdb I see the crash occurring during drawing the windows,
grk_drawable_create_cairo_surface() in libgdk-win32-1.0-0.dll
this is not directly called by denemo, just happens in the gtk main loop
while creating the windows - this is from my notes when I studied the
crash in some detail some days ago, but the latest crash looked the
same.
We do have (have always had I think) a message about not being able to
open a pixbuf loader module file gdk_pixbuf_2.10.0\loaders.cache, "no
such file", but that may be irrelevant.

> Do I need me to set CFLAGS='-O0 -g' or something?
Well, let's see if it builds - there is not a good chance of tracing the
code through the library to find a problem though, our best hope is that
we can find a part of Denemo's code that triggers it (some write to a
wrong pointer) or, more likely, some version of the libraries with the
bug fixed.
It will be worth taking a critical look at any patches you needed - I
think I noticed one about the Windows version (2000, NT, XP etc).

Richard