[Denemo-devel] Some build problems

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Some build problems
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:31:32 +0000

Someone has just reported this on the Denemo forum:

> I pulled from the git repo and configure works, but make fails:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: libaudiobackend.a(libaudiobackend_a-portmidibackend.o):
> undefined reference to symbol 'Pt_Start'
> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'Pt_Start' is defined in
> DSO /usr/lib/libporttime.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command
> line
> /usr/lib/libporttime.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
>
> But libporttime.so.0 exists:
>
> $ file /usr/lib/libporttime.so.0
> /usr/lib/libporttime.so.0: symbolic link to `libporttime.so.0.0.0'
> $ file /usr/lib/libporttime.so.0.0.0
> /usr/lib/libporttime.so.0.0.0: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel
> 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked,
> BuildIDsha1=0x5b0e686b9ff8151075efe8f9bfb029527a845d62, stripped

I thought I would do an entirely clean build, just to check, so
stating from my repository (which git says is up-to-date) I did
autogen.sh configure and make and it consistently crashes the compiler
on print.c with an internal error (segfault). I don't think for a moment
this can be to do with the above - it is all-to-likely that I have some
file system corruption after the fsck discovered problems on re-booting
yesterday. If anyone can suggest what sort of re-install step would be
good to try and clear this I would be glad to hear about it...