Re: [Denemo-devel] A useful looking link for cross compiling... Re: gtk-

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A useful looking link for cross compiling... Re: gtk-app-devel-list Digest, Vol 105, Issue 20
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 21:21:47 +0000

On Wed, 2013-02-06 at 12:10 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> Does your libportmid.mk differ? I ran into this problem and so I
> copied portmidi.h and porttime.h from the portmidi tarball into
> usr/include. If you redownload libprotmidi.mk and rebuild libportmidi,
> it should fix it.

Thanks - I got denemo.exe built, and ran it with the libfluidsynth.dll
in the same directory and I got the message you saw, "You forgot to run
g_type_init()", a message from the gtk startup (well, gobject startup or
whatever) - this on a windows vista box.
Next will be to see if any applications on mxe are using gtk. Do they
have gtk-demo built I wonder ...
It looks like they are a helpful bunch of guys. (I didn't try installing
the entire /usr tree on windows I confess - it must be quite large - but
I can't imagine that will fix the problem).