Re: [Denemo-devel] The 1.0 release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The 1.0 release
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:48:04 +0000

Oh - I am sorry - I have muddled up linux and mingw in the last email (a copy
of that email is below)
What I downloaded was the .exe the second one from yesterday

denemo-1.0.0.~rc.7-4.mingw.exe
 22-Jan-2013 13:04
               54M

and it is that one that gave the same missing libportaudio message on startup.
I'll try the

denemo-1.0.0.~rc.7-4.linux-x86
 23-Jan-2013 00:51
               45M

on Debian stable now.

Richard

erroneous email was:

On Tue, 2013-01-22 at 16:01 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 01/22/13 11:01, Richard Shann wrote:
> > denemo
> > /home/rshann/bin/denemo: 41: cannot create : Directory nonexistent
> > /home/rshann/denemo/usr/bin/denemo: error while loading shared
> > libraries: libportmidi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
> > file or directory
> >
> > and indeed there is no libportmidi in ~/denemo/usr/lib where the others
> > are.
>
> Unfortunately it worked for me before and I was able to enter notes in
> via midi. Here is another I build and I made sure that the were a
> libportmidi.so in there. I also made it a .so instead of a .la.
>
> denemo-1.0.0.~rc.7-4.linux-x86

I downloaded and installed this and there is no libportmidi* in
C:/Program Files/usr/lib and it will not start, ie same as before. I
installed it a second time to make sure I hadn't inadvertently installed
the previous version.
When you say "I made sure" is that by looking at the file system after
unpacking the installer? (I only know how to do that by installing on a
windows box, but I guess if you knew how you could look inside the .exe
and see the files tarred away in there somewhere)...