Re: [Denemo-devel] The 1.0 release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The 1.0 release
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:48:27 +0000

On Sun, 2013-01-20 at 08:07 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Denemo compiles using gub in debian stable. It is probably more
> efficient if you build and test yourself. I don't have win32 and feel
> like I am moving in the dark a bit. I also know next to nothing about
> correcting linking issues. I could revert the posted section of
> src/Makefile.am and gub up another mingw if you think this will
> correct it.

I have set the source tarball to the git snapshot (which is the master
branch) and run make denemo in gub.
It stops in the link step unable to find the portaudio symbols. I see
all the .o files on the link line and then some libraries thus:

../libsmf/libsmf.a libaudiobackend.a ../portmidi/libportmidi.a
../libsffile/libsffile.a

the libportmidi.a exists in that location and a very crude test

strings libportmidi.a | grep _Pt_Start

indicates that the symbol _Pt_Start is present and yet the link fails
with this message

libaudiobackend.a(libaudiobackend_a-portmidibackend.o):portmidibackend.c:(.text+0xe6):
 undefined reference to `_Pt_Start'

which I take it means that the call to Pt_Start() in portmidibackend.c
is not being resolved. I have no idea why that should be.

Is there an alternative snapshot possible to get a tarball from the
mingw branch? Do you know how I would specify it in
gub/specs/denemo.py ?

I am thinking it will be easiest to return to a know working
configuration of the makefile stuff ...