[Denemo-devel] more of "Immediate Playback"

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] more of "Immediate Playback"
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 06:00:37 -0500 (EST)

Currently when "Toggle Immediate Playback" is on, notes resound when they are
added.

But it would also be useful to escalate this further, and have notes resound on
pitch change by means of chromatic augmentation or diminishment -- in my version
(0.9.3), keys "i" and "k".

It would certainly help with percussion, where every single semitone represents
a different instrument.  And maybe even in setups when one is mapping playback
output to multitimbral, split ranges on an external midi device? (Haven't tried
that with denemo, but assume that's possible?)

And perhaps even with a mono-timbral staff, one might prefer at some points to
hear the notes each time one edits them.

And what about a mode where some type of mouse-over triggers playback?  And
playback of a selected region?

Speaking of /that/ -- I find the full playback quirky during certain operations
(like trying to get the start playback cursor to the home position -- there
isn't one single command, I have to click-click-click, ad infinitem, to get the
cursor back to the right. But that's for a separate post/issue)

The escalated playback mode I suggest above should not replace the current one,
but be its own separate option, in addition to what is (the no-playback and the
conservative playback modes)

thanks