Re: [Denemo-devel] (another) stupid question

From: rshann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] (another) stupid question
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:01:50 +0000

Um... how does one remove fingering marks? The fingering GUI menu has the options to select 0 through 5, and "Lock In". No "delete" option. I'm using
0.9.3 still (0.9.7 has the previously mentioned problems for me)

Yes, this is an ancient script - one of the first I wrote. It needs upgrading to self-edit. The low-level methods to edit/delete will work. Put the cursor on the note (at the note height) and invoke EditObject (usually right-click with mouse) then choose Edit Directive or Delete Directive and select the fingering directive.

As an quasi-aside: I see that the "fingering" feature is intended for guitar
strings?  But the same feature (the same type setting) works for piano
fingering, doesn't it?

I think I classified it as for "Strings" just following some LilyPond documentation.

I am using it for finger indication in a piano score. Seems to be adequate.

Yes, I think the modern piano convention is similar to the (left hand) fingering of guitar etc. So really these could be placed in some more generic category. If the upgrade to a new command manager goes ahead this old story of overlapping categories of commands could be solved.