[Denemo-devel] [bug #36938] Gui Problems with Score Layout

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #36938] Gui Problems with Score Layout
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:02:11 +0000

Update of bug #36938 (project denemo):

Follow-up Comment #1:

Very useful to have these all collected in one place, thank you. They are
uncannily similar to my thoughts on the subject, especially how uninviting the
score layout view looks. When I thought of it I envisaged a sort of skeletal
view of the score with only the music not spelt out in detail. I had the idea
that it would be easier to work on those global aspects without having to
scroll over the actual music. I still have it in mind that things like the
title should look at a glance like the title, I think there is quite a bit
that could be done in that direction.

 But this idea is somewhat at odds with the idea of letting users see the
structure of things like transposition - a transposed block in a score (a
movement, say, or a part) is not explicit, you can only tell that it is
transposed by comparing with other parts, or the original input. But creating
a box around the transposed section labelled with the transposition makes the
user do some deciphering which may not be the thing of interest at a given
time.

Still, the score layout has enormous potential for advanced users - setting
different page breaks in different parts for example.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36938>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/