Re: [Denemo-devel] C-1 adds tie

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] C-1 adds tie
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 17:30:30 +0100

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 08:34 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I notice if I change the prevailing duration using C-1,2,3.. It does change
> the prevailing duration but it also adds a tie.
Control-n is a shortcut for add note of duration n slurring from
previous note. It means you can enter slurred notes as quickly as
unslurred notes, which greatly speeds up entering the rhythm of a piece.
I don't know if the pure Change Duration commands ever had this shortcut
in any profile, I guess it must have done if that is what you expected
it to do.
I am not sure what method you are using to enter notes - can you not use
the 0,1,2... keys without Control, followed by the note-name? Hmm, no, I
see that if you don't have a MIDI keyboard active that gives you two
notes.
If you are not using note names to enter notes, then you would position
the cursor and use the 0,1,2... key to enter the note (and, of course,
change the duration at the same time).
I guess we could load a different set of shortcuts if there is no MIDI
controller... otherwise we are back with profiles...

Richard