Re: [Denemo-devel] LilyPond import (and MusicXML import - midi import as

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] LilyPond import (and MusicXML import - midi import as well?)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:47:01 +0100

On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 10:11 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 04/20/2012 12:30 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > Anyone interested in these please test git version now, as many fixes
> > have gone in.
> > If no-one has further requests for LilyPond import I think we could try
> > again for a release...
>
> If you would like I can recreate the 0.9.4 branch tonight.

The important step is a code freeze, say until the weekend. This will
give the proposed release some actual use. Only showstopper bugs allowed
to be fixed. If it is ok, then create the release candidate, and then we
can test whether that downloads and builds ok. And finally an upload of
the identical file to ftp.gnu.org

I just did some work on using .svg instead of .png graphics (for the
Mute/Unmute icons) - the method I hit on was to create a new file in
inkscape at the 64x64 icon size and then to copy and paste an image from
the http://commons.wikimedia.org site, after scaling (using the <, >
keypresses in inkscape). This avoided loading a 500x500 svg which causes
slowdown. It shouldn't of course, and indeed there shouldn't be the
fuzzy pixelation in the result, this is all down to denemo/cairo rsvg
load problems. Most bizarre was a small chunk that is missing from the
mute image - it is not missing when loaded into inkscape but is missing
when loaded into my web browser, and in Denemo (see
Staffs->Playback->Mute). We could use font glyphs for this, but that is
an even more protracted procedure.

Richard