Re: [Denemo-devel] portaudio + fluidsynth

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] portaudio + fluidsynth
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:21:31 +0000

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 15:47 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> I don't know if there is a need. It seems to crash all the time no
> matter what file. I am using the portaudio backend and alsa midi
> backend.
This we where we differ: I am using the default (I hope) and this does
not involve compiling alsabackend.c at all.

I just checked with
touch alsabackend.c
make
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

from my config.log I see

$ ../denemo/configure CFLAGS=-g -O0 -DUSE_LOCAL_DENEMOUI

which means the default except for no optimization (which could make a
difference!) and using the local copy of denemoui.xml (as I run denemo
without doing the install step to save time).
I suspect it is the involvment of alsabackend.c - I don't understand
what that is about. But it could be that with the optimizer turned on
denemo runs faster and the problem arises (I have a ~10 year old
computer...).