Re: [Denemo-devel] Real time playback in Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Real time playback in Denemo
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:55:53 +0000

On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 09:27 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> Thanks. It looks good. I will create a branch 0.9.4. When would you
> like
> to release?
Another thing not done is the shortcut files. The Arranger has both
sorts of articulations (Nils' selection switcher ones and the plain ones
- which is best?), and the Simple will have many surplus commands.
Nils asked on irc if we could abandon all that profile stuff and just
use Arranger. I replied that AFAIKnew the Arranger Profile wasn't really
much use without MIDI keyboard. I was forgetting that I have done work
on that, and in fact if you don't have a MIDI controller you no longer
get pitch-less notes (which was the main stumbling block).

So I don't have any objections to dropping the profile dialog at startup
(I guess the knowledgeable will just set the profile they want in the
denemorc file) and assuming Arranger for new users.