Re: [Denemo-devel] jhbuild denemo build in Mac os X

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] jhbuild denemo build in Mac os X
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:54:48 -0600

On 11/17/2011 12:14 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 10:51 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
On 10/19/2011 10:29 PM, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
I have been checking out this gtk-osx jhbuild project. This allows gtk
to run natively in Mac os X aqua without the need of an xserver.
jhbuild is similar to gub in that fact that it is a build system. I
managed to compile all of denemo's dependencies (according to
./configure). The build failed to find a header gdk/gdkx.h (I think)
upon make. Does anyone here have experience with jhbuild? Should I
blog my progress somewhere?

Jeremiah
I have managed to make progress on this. I had to comment out
screenshots.c
this is essentially commented out for Windows as that platform does not
seem to allow you to go off capturing bits of the screen that don't
belong to you, at least not in the way screenshots.c does it. We will be
able to do the same thing in future by loading sources in pdfs into the
evince widget and capturing from there.
  and change the __pid to just pid in two places.
??? what is this about?
in main.c line 791 we have:
__pid_t pid = getpid();

can we not just do?:
pid_t pid = getpid();

The same also exists in denemo_client.c line 31
__pid_t pid;

The
autogen.sh stuff needed editing to exclude a non-existent path. The
linker does not create an executable
hmm, that could be a problem :)
haha. under the if $KERNEL=darwin we have:
aclocal $ACLOCAL_FLAGS -I m4 -I /usr/share/aclocal -I /opt/local/share/aclocal && \
It should be:
aclocal $ACLOCAL_FLAGS -I m4 -I /usr/share/aclocal && \

Richard
  but also shows no error.
even more of a problem - perhaps it is creating it somewhere else or
under unexpected name?
I'll have to do some more investigation on this.