Re: [Denemo-devel] Remove scorewizard

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Remove scorewizard
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:54:28 +0000

On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 12:18 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I started to update the scorewizard code. In the process I was wondering how
> really useful this is anyway. I am considering removing it. I don't see it as
> much help to newbies in terms of helping them learn denemo. Instead we could
> have a Getting Started or something in the help menu that links to some
> newbie tutorials on denemo.org... Or we have tutorial instructions printed on
> the button bar. So the button bar can browse possible browse through a
> tutorial. One button would be to navigate back. the middle button is the
> instructions themself. Then the right button would be for the next
> instruction. Does anyone here have any thoughts about this?

At the moment I think the scorewizard is not a help because it has not
been updated. I would guess that it sets up many things wrongly
(contexts, instrument/MIDI ...)
If my guess is right then it would be better dropped since it could lead
people into a wrongly set up score. If it could be fixed I guess someone
would like it.

Richard