Re: [Denemo-devel] Gkt3 draw.c

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Gkt3 draw.c
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 22:48:55 +0000

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 14:17 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 11/10/2011 02:19 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 12:54 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >> I replaced all the gtk_widget_draw with draw_score(null) but the staff
> >> still does not show. :(
> > No, I you would not expect it too, draw_score(NULL) only updates cached
> > values by pretending to draw. But it should mean that when you click
> > where the clef should be you will not get the warning message about
> > gtk_widget_draw called with cr=NULL. (Check?)
>
> Yes. This stopped the warnings.
>

> > Something suspicious (again, not going to solve the problem) is this:
> >
> > DenemoGraphic *graphic = g_malloc(sizeof(DenemoGraphic));
> >    graphic->type = DENEMO_PATTERN;
> >    GdkPixbuf *pixbufa = gdk_pixbuf_add_alpha (pixbuf, TRUE, 255, 255,
> > 255);
> >    graphic->width = gdk_pixbuf_get_width(pixbufa);
> >
> > it is when creating a bitmap for .png images, for some reason you have
> > changed the type to DENEMO_PATTERN ...
>
> I thought you told me to change that. This way it loads the cairo svg
> stuff rather than the bitmap stuff. correct?

I don't think it is as simple as that: setting the type to
DENEMO_PATTERN tells the drawing routines that what is stored is what
the svg routines create (cairo_pattern_t or some such), but without work
being done the png routines will continue to generate bitmaps and
setting that on its own will just cause chaos. But this is something to
fix later.

> > but again, not our main concern right now.
> >
> > I have been through all the draw code and you have made very little
> > change, nothing that seems wrong.
> > Next thing to try - choose Input->MIDI->Figured Bass Filter
> > this should make the background green instead of white.
> > Does it?
>
> It does not turn green.
hmm, well, specifically there is a command d-BackgroundColor or
something like that which could be invoked from the scheme window to see
if the draw routine is firing and what it is doing. (Or in the draw
routine change the background color for normal use, or step through the
draw routine to see if it is trying to do anything - is it actually
executing?...)

Richard