Re: [Denemo-devel] Casts of gint and gpointer

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Casts of gint and gpointer
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:26:38 -0500

On 10/25/2011 03:31 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
Yesterday Nils was getting a crash (due to spaces in directory names)
where I got none. I suspect that the difference is that  he has 64bit
pointers and I have 32.
There is a warning somewhere in the GLib docs that you shouldn't cast
between gint and gpointer with (gint) and (gpointer) but instead use a
macro they provide.
I suspect it is in code which calls g_object_set_data() and
g_object_get_data() that we transgress.
While Jeremiah is working on gtk3 migration it is awkward to fix as it
will mean a lot of small merges.
But we should do it ASAP.

I think just doing:
git merge master
in the gtk-3 branch should merge in all the changes that have went on in master since the branch was created.