[Denemo-devel] Merging feature-guile-loadpath, was Re: Denemo Breakthro

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Merging feature-guile-loadpath, was Re: Denemo Breakthrough
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:10:03 +0100

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 20:10 +0200, R. Mattes wrote:

> BTW, would it be possible to merge my load-path branch into main?
> I'd love to use it for the midi input stuff (and that would then
> contain
> code that does keyword lookup ... ;-)

Sounds good to me. I can do the merge, but I am not too clear (after
reading the  README.feature-guile-loadpath file) on what to look for. I
think I understand that with it you could write modules and put them in
$(DATADIR)/modules and they would be picked up? Is there code to install
this directory if it were created in git - I didn't spot it.
 Perhaps Nils can comment - I notice he created a denemo-modules
directory, but this bit of code

(define (use-denemo string)
        ;(use-modules (actions denemo-modules (string->symbol string)))) ;
maybe not (string->symbol) but (eval)
        (load (string-append "denemo-modules/" string ".scm")))

at the start of denemo.scm implies that he turned back from using scheme
modules (in fact IIRC he mentioned something about that on #denemo).