[Denemo-devel] [bug #33327] DENEMO_OVERRIDE_DURATION needed

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #33327] DENEMO_OVERRIDE_DURATION needed
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 12:04:23 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #33327 (project denemo):

My recollection was that this would not be easy to implement, which is why I
left it out. In fact, the original implementor of the MIDI generation in
Denemo wrote code to respond to staccato, dynamics and so on - it was flaky,
and, naturally rather rigid (to give them credit, they did allow environment
variables to be set to influence it). It is disabled as it caused crashes
sometimes.

Since proposing the DENEMO_OVERRIDE_DURATION flag I have thought that it would
be better to do any sort of "humanizing" midi output by generating a new score
from the old one with durations, volumes, start times etc adjusted to make the
MIDI output desired. Support in C would be needed to keep this underlying
mechanism out of the user's view, and to let the playback head show on the
user's score, not the hidden score. This is written up on denemo.org.
Initial development would be to create a visible score for playback, as this
will assist in debugging the script.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33327>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/