Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi shortcuts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi shortcuts
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 10:09:50 +0100

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 09:01 +0000, Ralf Mattes wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> how would I assign MIDI control messages to actions,
curiously, I just checked in some scheme which issues MIDI a control
message to change the tuning. In scheme there is a procedure

d-OutputMidiBytes

which takes a string of space separated values and sends them out.

> preferably from a scheme file rather than from clicking some menu?
this bit of your message suggests that Denemo's philosophy are not so
clear as they might be. Any chunk of scheme can be executed as a denemo
action, the menu system is just a storage place for the actions. You
invoke the action via a keyboard shortcut (or mouse shortcut, or MIDI
controller shortcut).
If you want to execute a bit of scheme and not keep it in the menu
system then you need the Scheme window. You can save to a file and load
from there...

HTH

Richard
ps there is also some MIDI controller stuff in the Directives menu IIRC
- not sure of the status of that.