[Denemo-devel] Audio/Score Mixer

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Audio/Score Mixer
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:42:40 +0100

I had a Good Idea. I have written it up at

http://denemo.org/index.php/Audio_Score_Mixer

in brief, though, the proposal is to allow Denemo to load an audio file
(.ogg, .mp3 ...) which Denemo will play in sync with regular denemo
notation. The synchronicity would be achieved by the user, that is, the
user would add a rhythm track by playing live in synch with the music
being played back by Denemo. This rhythm track would then be used to
determine the timing of any other notation added - be it chordal
accompaniment or a transcription of the original music.

This same mechanism could perhaps also be used to "humanize" the rhythm
of any piece, essentially you would be creating small tempo changes at
every beat of the piece.

I was wondering, does anyone know of a music program offering this
feature? If so, what has been tried in the way of gui to the feature?