Re: [Denemo-devel] GetPrevailingDuration

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] GetPrevailingDuration
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 10:00:48 +0000

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 23:02 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Am I right that there is no GetPrevailingDuration?
> Would be a useful command.
>
> Nils
> P.S. This will possibly bring up a problem with Breve and
> Longa again.

yes - it involves giving the duration of the next step in the current
music snippet. This is now in git. Our terminology is a bit suspect:
GetPrevailing... is wrt cursor position for clef, keysig, timesig
whereas this is getting the duration that will be used for the next note
insert. I wonder - did you have another semantic in mind: did you intend
to ask for something that finds the duration of the note/rest at/before
the cursor? That would be a script...