Re: [Denemo-devel] staff directive icons and whey they (should) do.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] staff directive icons and whey they (should) do.
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:25:40 +0000

With more thought, I can see this should be tightened further. We want
people to be able to choose tags freely without the danger that someone
later writing a command of that name should trigger a change to the
editing of unrelated directives.
So this means that setting the override should be mandatory even if the
tag name is a command name. It is no longer sufficient just to use a
command name as a tag, you must explicitly say that this command is to
be used for editing.
To indicate that this override is saying that the tag provides the
editing method I propose to adopt the name DENEMO_OVERRIDE_TAGEDIT
rather than either of my two previous names.

The rules are:
      * if a directive has the DENEMO_OVERRIDE_TAGEDIT flag set and an
        editscript named tag exists it is used for editing the directive
      * else if a directive has the DENEMO_OVERRIDE_TAGEDIT flag set and
        an command named tag exists it is used for editing the directive
      * else only Delete and Advanced Edit are offered

It will be rather tricky to track down all the uses currently out there,
and to make old files behave properly it will be necessary to set this
override on all directives in files with the old version number.

Richard