[Denemo-devel] I/O

From: Alan Sharkis
Subject: [Denemo-devel] I/O
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 16:29:03 -0500

Hello,

For reasons I won’t discuss, I don’t want to run Denemo under Linux.  Therefore, I am using the Windows version 0.8.22.  Although I am able to struggle along with Denemo using my computer keyboard, mouse, and its internal synthesizer, I do have some questions.  My questions are:

1.       I have an Edirol PCR-300 controller keyboard that works with other Windows programs that were originally developed for Linux and were ported to Windows. At present, the keyboard is connected via USB.  The keyboard can also work with those programs via a conventional midi chain, as can my reedless accordion. How do I get that keyboard to work with the Windows version of Denemo?

2.       I have a Presonus Audiobox USB that currently acts as an interface for several devices, particularly as an interface for my Ketron SD-2 midi module.  How can I get Denemo to output to the Audiobox?

If it is impossible to do either of these tasks in the Windows version of Denemo, please update your documentation to say that the Windows version of Denemo will not take midi input from a controller keyboard or output to a midi device.

Thank you.

Alan Sharkis