Re: [Denemo-devel] Score refuses to preview or export

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Score refuses to preview or export
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:23:20 +0000

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 22:30 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:

> I found it. The composer name had an " inside. Go again to Score ->
> Titles etc. and choose composer and delete the complete thing which is
> in there and write a new one.
> This is probably not your fault. Denemo is very picky when it comes to
> meta-data. We currently just forward a string to lilypond. It still
> needs manual escaping.
>
> I postponed this because I wanted to write a complete meta-data window
> once we have more Scheme-GTK, which did not happen yet.

We do need to escape the user's input appropriately here - indeed I
think it may already be escaped but not correctly if so (the composer
etc input is done in scheme). But there is a more powerful thing we
could be doing now we have our own LilyPond parser in scheme: we could
check the syntax of any user-generated lilypond text. It would be a
matter of providing top level rules or just running the lexer to check
for a given token (e.g. in that case the STRING token)