Re: [Denemo-devel] Emmentaler conversion

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Emmentaler conversion
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:52:21 +0000

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 00:16 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> I just realized what "Emmentaler26" meant. I thought it was some kind of
> versions, thats why I chose the one with the highest number. But in reality
> it is connected to the staff size.
>
> The strange thing is that this is a svg font. There is no need for such thing
> for different sizes. But I better should tell this lilypond :)
>
> Anyway, here is a table with units compared to staff sizes.
> http://www.kainhofer.com/~lilypond/ajax/lilypond/Setting-the-staff-size.html#Setting-the-staff-size
>
> so if want something else we can just choose a different source for glyphs.
>
> What is the current state, richard? Where does the scaling and transforming
> takes place? In the svg or in Denemo. And if the latter, when? Hardcoded in C?
Hardcoded in C
>  In Scheme while creating the directive?
>
> What if someone wants to use other svg graphics, not from lilypond, to
> represent some unique directive in Denemo?
I haven't tried, but I presume a 1000 high graphic area with the drawing
within that height will work, scaling to 40 denemo pixels high - a staff
height. I am not sure about the mirroring.
We could additionally do things at directive draw time (e.g. scaling)
and at directive load time, I am not sure about different load routines
- all possible, but we have to identify our needs first. The only things
relatively fixed are our use of librsvg to load the image (we would need
a good reason to start writing our own svg loader for cairo) which seems
to place (unknown) restrictions on the svg syntax (e.g. the transorm =
"scale(1,-1)" did not give joy).
Richard