[Denemo-devel] [bug #31510] Enter should close out GetOption dialogs

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #31510] Enter should close out GetOption dialogs
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 23:27:00 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #31510 (project denemo):

One further idea which I think would be good:
Allow shortcut keys in the GetOption dialogs.  So, if you ran, say, the
DesignateVoice command, instead of having to click or cursor down to voice 2
then click or tab over to enter, you could just hit "2" on the keyboard and
that would close it.  (I am using those commands a lot lately).  This would be
implemented by providing the call to GetOption with the shortcuts:

(d-GetOption (string-append "OneVoice" "o" stop "VoiceOne" "1" stop
"VoiceTwo" "2" stop ...)) etc...

and the GetOption would listen for these keypresses and close the window and
return that option as soon as the user presses one of those keys.
This would allow quick execution of VoiceTwo via e.g. V 2 (v being the
designate voice command in my keymap).  Certainly could be done by putting
separate command for each Voice type in as two-key shortcuts, etc., but I
thought I'd throw this idea out there, maybe for the day when the scheme
interface to these option/dialog boxes is expanded. -DW

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31510>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/