[Denemo-devel] [bug #31238] Tested the 0.8.20 candidate for windows, cr

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #31238] Tested the 0.8.20 candidate for windows, crash
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 20:31:09 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #31238 (project denemo):

Concerning 2 (that there should be a command to zoom in/out besides
ZoomDialog)--I can't find these commands, and the obvious guesses d-ZoomIn
don't work. (Sure it's best if you have a mouse, but some folks won't.)

#7&10 are definitely similar.    I didn't realize how hard it must have been
to get the cursor working well until I looked hard at how it changes position
depending on how close the notes are to each other, etc.  It looks like the
way denemo draws the bars doesn't leave a lot of room for a cursor towards the
end of each bar, full or not.
My proposal: All bars (underfull, full or overfull) get an amount of extra
whitespace at the end.  It would be just the right amount so that the red/blue
block cursor and the blinker would be cleanly to the right of everything in
the bar.  So, about half the width of the block cursor plus the width of the
blinker.  Unfortunately I have no idea how feasible this would be and whether
it would make the visual appeal less convincing, but I think it would give
enough room for the cursor to do its thing without too many special
gymnastics.  If this is done for all bars (regardless of full status) it
should resolve these issues well enough, and whatever remains should be able
to be eventually polished up just by tweaking the cursor's "AI" regarding its
place in the bar.

I really do like the new cursor but I see how it's not as simple as a word
processing cursor due to variable width for notes, barlines, etc.  Hope my
suggestion is helpful.
-Dan

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31238>

  Message sent via/by Savannah