[Denemo-devel] [bug #30450] Bugs

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #30450] Bugs
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 23:23:47 +0000

Follow-up Comment #14, bug #30450 (project denemo):

My guess is that the call to ShellExecute is not quite going as expected.
from utils.c:
  g_print("Running ShellExecute %sn", filename);
  CoInitializeEx(NULL, COINIT_APARTMENTTHREADED | COINIT_DISABLE_OLE1DDE);
  return ShellExecute(NULL, NULL, filename, NULL, NULL, 0) > 32/* value above
32 indicating success */;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762153%28VS.85%29.aspx

I don't understand everything here but it might be worth trying setting the
second parameter (the "verb") explicitly to "open", as the explanation for
what actually happens when you set it to NULL is, to me, obtuse(quote from
above site):
***
NULL

    In systems prior to Windows 2000, the default verb is used if it is valid
and available in the registry. If not, the "open" verb is used.

    In Windows 2000 and later, the default verb is used if available. If not,
the "open" verb is used. If neither verb is available, the system uses the
first verb listed in the registry.
***
I hope this is on the right track, but you would know better if it's worth a
shot.  I'm assuming this function in utils.c is only used when the
Externals->pdf viewer is blank; otherwise this suggested change might cause
problems.
-DW

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?30450>

  Message sent via/by Savannah