[Denemo-devel] [bug #30431] Delete deletes too much

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #30431] Delete deletes too much
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:12:06 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

If you delete all the notes in the final bar using the delete key bound to
IntelligentDelete, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the previous
bar--which has the disastrous effect of deleting the notes in that bar if you
hold the key down.  (you would normally expect to just delete what's in front
of the cursor when you hit delete).

Seems to be a feature of the DeleteMeasure command for single staffs--it
moves to the beginning of the previous bar.  Better, I think, would be to end
up at the end of the previous bar, at least for this command.

For now, this mod of the IntelligentDelete script works:

;;;;Intelligent Delete. If selection present it deletes the whole selection.
For single notes it deletes the note on the cursor or an empty measure.
(SingleAndSelectionSwitcher
"(begin
(d-DeleteObject)
        (if (MeasureEmpty?)
                (begin (d-CursorLeft)
                (d-DeleteBarline)))
)"
 "(d-DeleteSelection)")

I'm a bit leery of the DeleteBarline script.  It looks strange--I'll see if I
can comment it better if it's right.
-Dan W.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?30431>

  Message sent via/by Savannah