Re: [Denemo-devel] Ubuntu PPA & Debian Packaging

From: Josue Abarca
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Ubuntu PPA & Debian Packaging
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 10:41:31 -0600

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 05:44:05PM +0200, Till Hartmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently planning to create a PPA for recent Ubuntu versions
> (karmic and lucid, that is) (for those who do not know what a PPA is:
> Personal Package Archive, where launchpad users can upload source
> packages and let Canonical's servers build the packages for you. These
> PPA can be added as a software repository to the apt sources).
> To prevent redundant work and learn more about debian packaging, I would
> like to know who is the deb maintainer for denemo (I've seen mails on
> the list some time ago, but the denemo version packaged is already quite
> old, especially as denemo's development process keeps getting faster)
> and if you could help me a little bit.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Till Hartmann

Hello, I intend to adopt denemo on debian.

The package now depends in the debian package of libsmf instead of use
the internal copy of that library.

Currently there are some issues with the library:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/04/msg00269.html

My current debian package of denemo 0.8.16:
http://jmaslibre.org/debian/denemo/denemo-0.8.16/
http://git.debian.org/?p=3Dcollab-maint/denemo.git

My debian package of libsmf:
http://jmaslibre.org/debian/libsmf/