Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Windows 0.8.16 RC1

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Windows 0.8.16 RC1
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:19:35 +0100

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 08:57 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please delete your .denemo dir in your personal home directory first.
We will need to put a note in the release notes telling windows users
who are upgrading to reset the preferences involved.

> And there already is a latency setting, for several month now, in midi
> preferences.
The latency setting used before should be fine, though, unless you are
taking advantage of the new features, such as zoom and multiple systems,
which do allow you to place more stress on the cpu. Can you say if this
is the case? The actual draw routines have been speeded up.
> Someday we will have to investigate about the directAudio driver so we
> don't have to use Portaudio anymore. But no driver will significantly
> increase performance yet.
> If you want the "real" thing use it on Linux with JACK.
>
> Nils
>
> Am 31.03.2010 um  Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> > Hi,
> >     I just tested the RC1 for windows.  It had several problems on my
> > machine- windows XP.
> > On startup --No rhythm icons showing.  I was under the impression this
> > was resolved.

It seems very sporadic - can you confirm that they appeared after
logging out/in?

For all the other problems (if you want to keep your .denemo for other
personal settings and so don't want to delete .denemo wholesale) go to
prefs and delete the externals such as lilypond path, pdf viewer, midi
player etc - they should all work if blank on windows.

Richard