Re: [Denemo-devel] Missing GTK-Font in 0.8.14

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Missing GTK-Font in 0.8.14
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:13:47 +0000

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 16:28 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I just installed my GUB build on a Windows were Denemo never was
> installed before.
>
> Good thing is: The Notation-Font works out of the Box, and Playback
> works, too.
>
> But the normal font is not there, replaced by squares. I mean the simple
> GTK font for menus and dialog-boxes.

It sounds like that error message that you see in denemo-console.exe has
actually caused the "ugly output", I have always seen this message
(about not finding the regular gtk font) but it has always seemed to
substitute something usable before.

> I logged out and in but its still the same. This seems to be a
> regression because I tested Denemo 0.8.13 at some point on windows 7 and
> it worked (at least the menu-font).
but the testing was not on this particular windows installation (judging
from what you say) and so it may just be that there was no suitable font
chosen as a substitute. Still, this shouldn't be happening -

  address@hidden
would be the place to ask about this. (It can't be a denemo bug -
everything like that is just defaults, it could be gub, or gtk/pango...)

Richard