Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:19:11 -0600

On Feb 24, 2010, at 9:29 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 08:10 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
I was thinking of putting a condition in fluid.c to see what audio
driver fluid is set at. This would then select a midi.driver based on
this setting. OSS would use OSS as all the others use alsa_seq.
Richard do you use alsa sound output with OSS midi.driver input?

hmm, I don't know. I am pretty lost with all these things, midi in/ out,
audio in/out ...
I know that I have set alsa set now in prefs->Audio/MIDI->Audio Driver
and that fluidsynth opens /dev/midi in

Fluidsynth is using the OSS midi driver here but using alsa for audio out. I will put a drop down for people who may want to mix it up.

Jeremiah

order to get midi in (but that is
fluidsynth's choice, not something Denemo prescribes).

Should we have another combobox in prefsdialog to select fluidsynths
midi.driver to either OSS, or. Alsa? This would be different for
windows and Darwin of course.

The other question is controlling sharps and flats. Did you want me to
build a GUI to change the enharmonically spelling of the notes?
Actually, I had forgotten about this regression, even though it has been annoying me - I'll put the GUI that already exists into the playback box
if I can.

Can
that be controlled solely by the modwheel?
We don't have a midi shortcut system yet. It could probably be done with
a filter...
Richard

Perhaps if we did have a
GUI the modwheel can change it's status.
it would need to do that, indeed you would write the code that way round
if possible. That is, the shortcut would operate the widget.