Re: [Denemo-devel] RefreshDisplay and MIDI playback controls

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] RefreshDisplay and MIDI playback controls
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:11:33 +0000

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 07:59 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> Mma creates midi files. I don't know of anyother way unless we
> rewrote
> mma in guile. It seems easier to just import the midi file.

This sounds quite interesting - even to me! It could be that you could
write a back-end to it that instead of emitting MIDI emitted a script
that would generate the denemo file needed. This could be easier than a
backend that generating denemo's xml. (Basically where the MIDI would
start a new track you would print (d-AddAfter) and for each note
(d-Dur<n>) etc).

However - I would guess mma will be adding lots of humanization to its
MIDI - something that is scarcely underway in Denemo.