Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Build 0.8.13 and Menucleaning

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Build 0.8.13 and Menucleaning
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 20:41:19 +0000

On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 14:40 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> So would I have to take playback out of generate_code.c (or whatever
> it is called). At the moment it generated a scheme d-play that makes
> calls ext_midi_playback. If I change it to play_callback here it would
> call DenemoPlayback which calls d-play which would mean it calls
> itself. Would I have to create a d-play in view.c that calls
> ext_midi_playback in view.c and take the line out of generate_code
> then add it manually to view.c?

No, don't touch the current command. It will stay forever - it is a
general rule that we can only add new commands, never take any away
(since eventually we hope there will be lots of people out there with
scripts that use the commands).
You will create a button marked Play which has a g_signal_connect to a
function that calls a scheme routine. That scheme routine may well call
d-Play (surely will). d-Play invokes ext_midi_playback() and music is
heard. Your scheme routine may do other things - like updating a display
of the start and end times or whatever seems nice.

What we will delete is <toolitem>action=Play<\toolitem> in denemoui.xml
so that it doesn't appear on the main toolbar and likewise we can drop
the <menuitem> entry for it in the same file as all access to the
command will be via your new button or a script.