Re: [Denemo-devel] d-PopPosition d-PushPosition, Selections

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] d-PopPosition d-PushPosition, Selections
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:27:32 +0000

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 22:42 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> There are some problems
>
> First a general bug: With latest git the selection rectangle is above
> the first staff, no matter where I do the selection. It does not go
> around the notes (but these become blue).
I have made the selection paint the background now, which seems much
clearer.

> Maybe its not latest git, but I did not see it before. Although I'm on
> my laptop now which I do not use that often I use exactly the same
> config as on my Desktop computer, so it should be the same.
>
> To Topic:
> Pop and Push Positon do affect the selection. Below is a script that
> does everything for you.
> What it should do:
> Enter three measures of notes, Push Position on the last note, move a
> few notes to the left, set a mark, jump to the end (Pop Position) and
> the Selection is still on only one note.
>
> Instead: When I run it here it does the following weird things:
>
> 1) At first it scrolls completly to the right, even if there is no need
> because there are only three measures
>
> 2) The selection rectangle (here above the first staff) is drawn
> endlessly to the complete right side eventhough there are no measures at
> all. This changes a bit here if you zoom with ctrl+mousewheel a bit.
>
> 3) The cursor is on the last note, as it should be, no note is
> blue/selected

I think the selection was ok, just not on-screen, due to the not-needed
scrolling of the viewport. I have fixed this scrolling when goto end is
called, and the script now seems to behave as expected.
This script has been absolutely invaluable: it is so easy to avoid
getting lost in a plethora of issues & confusing side effects otherwise.
Richard