Re: [Denemo-devel] Menu overhaul

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Menu overhaul
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:02:34 +0000

I have done this now
On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 17:15 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> The object menu is getting too crowded. I can see some rationalizations
> to make that will improve finding the command that is wanted. Recall
> that it is already possible to put any command you like onto (the)
> button bar (check Titles etc in view) using a right click option.
>
> I propose that the main menu has
>
> File Navigate Edit View Mode Playback More Help Educational
>

> and that object menu has
>
> Score Movements Staffs/Voices Measures Notes/Rests Chords Clefs Keys
> Time Signatures Lyrics Directives

In fact it makes sense to order them going from large to small and left
to right, which I have done. Lyrics is the odd one out, I have put it at
the end.
I have done quite a bit of other tidying, so look out for and report any
lost scripts (e.g. a dialog saying script loaded when you try to execute
a command, or script not found).
We now have a place for things like standalone Tempo marks and MIDI
directives (e.g. bank change), under Directives.
I have started by putting in some contributed by DanW

Richard