Re: [Denemo-devel] Jack midi structure.

From: alex stone
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Jack midi structure.
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 21:58:34 +0300

Jeremiah, A tab in preferences would probably be better. (Once we
setup devices and ports, it's not something we're going to use all the
time.)

I was thinking further on what i wrote, and caught another "feature'
of this, as a bonus.

Even if the user creates more devices and ports than they need, it
wouldn't matter. So the user might setup a device with 24 ports, but
only use 18 of them for a particular piece. That's ok. The ports are
all still open waiting to be used, and being dumb, they'll just sit
there, with no consequence of any sort.

and of course, should you choose to implement this, it will enable the
removal of quite a few of the other preferences items that seem a bit
cluttered at the moment. 1 tab, and that's it.

Alex.

--
www.openoctave.org

address@hidden