[Denemo-devel] Finding commands.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Finding commands.
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:09:04 +0100

It will get increasingly difficult to find commands as their number
increases. Having a manual you can search, with all the commands in it,
is one approach.
I wonder, though, if we could generate a set of web pages, one per
command, and then use a search engine to throw up candidates. The hope
being the search engine might know about equivalent words etc.
Or perhaps there is a trainable search engine: we tell it about synonyms
and the importance of the various parts of the command (tooltip, label,
command name - split into words) and it finds and ranks hits for search
terms given...
Any one have any ideas. I was prompted to think of this by looking for
the stored passwords on a version of Firefox which was different from
the one that comes with Debian. I found it via the index of the help
manual eventually. But searching a help manual would be improved by
smarter search routines.