Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi/Audio out

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi/Audio out
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:23:57 +0100

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 17:25 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> This way a user could compile with all three and then there can be a
> three way switch between the three similar to the input menu or
> perhaps as a toggle in playback preferences.

I like the idea of being able to compile all three and being able to
switch on startup.
We will still need #ifdef _HAVE_XXX stuff for the case where the user
does not compile all three - there will be problems from time to time
compiling one or other of the arms on some O/S and we would not want
someone held up because, say, libaubio was not available on their
platform.
Which brings me to a topic I don't understand well, packages. These
contain binary executables, right? So we should provide more than one
binary executable, so people can install and use Denemo without a larger
number of dependencies than necessary. If that is possible.

As well as the binary executables, it would be good to distribute
educational games that would appear in the user's Start menu (or
equivalent) which would just invoke one of the binaries with suitable
command line options.