Re: [Denemo-devel] importmidi.c

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] importmidi.c
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:11:48 -0500

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:47:18AM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > Something is now broken.
> Can you establish a test.midi file that shows a problem. Then revert the
> changes to importmidi.c (they don't have any impact elsewhere) and see
> if there really is a change?
> I say this because it may give a clue to other problems that may be
> there. The changes I made would not break the code unless it was already
> using some undefined behavior (e.g. there was a comparison between a
> pointer and an integer, which might do something strange on 64-bit
> pointers).

I have removed the voicenum stuff (since it did not work anyway) and removed
the line that frees filename and now everything is working as it should. I am
now freeing the data of mididata. I tested it on several midi files and all
seems good. There are still many features lacking and many things TODO and
improve upon.

Are we rereleasing 0.8.8. If so this should probably go in it.