[Denemo-devel] splitting up (d-GetNotes)

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: [Denemo-devel] splitting up (d-GetNotes)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:28:34 -0500

I was breaking up (d-GetNotes) like this:

(define notelist (string-split (d-GetNotes) #\NULL))

This well except for that fact that a 3 note chord produces a list with
4 elements long. I am not sure what the last element is. It does not
print anything when I try to do something like this with a 3 note chord:

(display (list-ref notelist 3))

This will work for me if I only knew what to test to exclude. I was
processing notelist later like this

(map process_list notelist)

I wanted to put a check in process_list for this. I thought it was null
but null? and eq? "" did not work. string? returns #t.

Would it better to truncate the list somehow or rebuild the notes
with a procedure using string->list?