Re: [Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for various OS
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 16:28:22 +0100

On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 15:08 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > it.
> >
> > Yup, that would be nice.
> This was as I remember (see my earlier email) - just "lilypond" works.
> I'll download the 40 MB thing on a Windows box I have access to and
> see
> if I can find out what is happening.

Ok, I have done that, the denemo is running under Windows Vista, with
these problems

1)  starting with that cryptic warning that some icons won't show - and
indeed on choosing view->articulation palette you find the ones in
question, the palette just has little boxes. These are the icons
generated by .svg images for which gtk does not have a built in loader.
I had this problem with my hand-build of denemo for window. It was the
installation of the gtk stuff that was faulty. To fix this problem I had
include the svg loader .dll in the package and to arrange for the
installer to run the executable  gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders piping the
output to the pixbuf loaders file. There was another executable to run
as well ( *modules*...)

2) None of the scripts are installed, nor their associated bitmaps and
editscripts that is there are no directories

/usr/share/denemo/actions/menus
/usr/share/denemo/actions/bitmaps
/usr/share/denemo/actions/editscripts

This is no doubt to do with the fact that they are installed en masse -
anything dropped into these directories is copied to
usr/share/denemo/actions/...

without being explicitly mentioned in any makefile.

3) The denemo.ttf font is not installed. Hence the note and rest entry
toolbar having a series of numbers and letters instead of notes and
rests.

4) None of the process spawing works - no MIDI playback or running of
LilyPond. This will again be a gtk installation problem, I had this
problem as well once when I cut down what I thought were useless extras
in the bin directory. I hadn't copied the spawning helper programs that
gtk uses to do the spawning, and looking just now I cannot find any
programs with spawn in their name under GNU_denemo (this is windows, so
it is painful to find out).

So I think the gtk stuff is not properly installed and not quite all the
denemo stuff is installed. But it is very close.