Re: [Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The lilypond build system adopted to build Denemo for various OS
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 16:56:24 +0100

On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 16:03 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> Yesterday I asked in #lilypond how one can reduce the filezile of windows
> lilypond to eventually bundle it with Windows-Denemo.
>
> And what did Jan Nieuwenhuizen do? This kind person showed us that there is a
> Linux-based buildsystem (http://lilypond.org/gub/) and worked for two days to
> make Denemo build with it!
>
> I tested it yesterday and Denemo installed, but there were some problems,
> which are now solved.
One thing I noticed was that the filesize of the .exe file was 26MB. I
expect this is because the symbols & debug data are included. It makes a
big difference to the size (my package is 10.5MB), you use the command

 strip filename.exe

in linux/mingw to remove the symbols. I don't know (but doubt) if there
is any benefit (in terms of error reporting) to be gotten from keeping
the information.
Richard