[Denemo-devel] The position of menu items

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] The position of menu items
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 19:31:31 +0100

It is nice to have similar operation grouped together in a menu. Up to
now, any new menu item you create just went at the end. Now it is
inserted where you right click to choose Insert New Menu Item. After the
menu item your right click on that is.
To support this I have introduced a field in the .cmdset file
<after>...<\after>
which contains the name of the item this one should come after.
There will need to be some retrospective setting of this field in some
menu scripts to tidy up the menus.
I think being able to collect together items onto a toolbar would be
good too, so that the ones the user uses often are quickly available,
assuming that is that the keyboard shortcut route is not preferred.

I have illustrated the <after> stuff in the Measures Menu where I have
grouped some of the commands.
I've also introduced a command to issue the \bar "|" command which puts
a barline in the output - though I haven't done the graphic for it.