Re: [Denemo-devel] SHOWSTOPPER bug

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] SHOWSTOPPER bug
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:24:02 +0100

Ah, I see. This is not a bug, but a, err, feature. If you are inserting
a standalone directive amongst other objects then you have to move the
cursor to the left after you have created it to continue to edit it.
Thus:

;;; piu forte
(d-DirectivePut-standalone-override "StepVolume" (logior DENEMO_OVERRIDE_VOLUME
DENEMO_OVERRIDE_STEP))
(d-CursorLeft)
(d-DirectivePut-standalone-midibytes "StepVolume" "40")
(d-DirectivePut-standalone-display "StepVolume" "piu forte")
(d-DirectivePut-standalone-postfix "StepVolume" "^\\markup { più \\dynamic f }")
(d-CursorRight)
(d-RefreshDisplay)

Perhaps if we have a (d-DirectivePut-standalone tag) command that just
creates a directive without setting any fields it should not move the
cursor? Or perhaps inserting standalone directives should never advance
the cursor anyway, or perhaps the insertion routine should check the
previous object to see if it is the Directive being edited...

Richard