[Denemo-devel] Roadmap, Features, Beginner-Projects, Todo...

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Roadmap, Features, Beginner-Projects, Todo...
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:26:08 +0200

Hi people,

I'm trying to unify all those things mentionend in the headline to be more
transparent and actually useful for users and developers.
I suggest (and already began to transfer) that we use the Roadmap
http://www.denemo.org/index.php/Roadmap for anything and everything except
a)Design Notes b)Summary of Features @ http://www.denemo.org/index.php/Denemo

Usage of Roadmap
===============
1) The roadmap is sorted in release version-numbers from 0.8.6 (next release)
to 1.0.
Bold tags show the status of items:

[done]
[wait]
[canceled]
[whatever]
'''[done]''' makes the tag written in bold letters.

1b)The [done] tag shows that the feature is already in git and will be avaible
in the next release.
1c)If you feel that a certain feature needs special attention we can just write
news about the next release features.

2) Because the roadmap should indicate the actual plan of work please rearrange
anything from 1.0 or the global todo-list to a version where you think it needs
to be done. If something is not done until the release whe can just shift it up
to the next version.

3) Anything which needs to be specified more should get a Design Notes link
which leads to a new site. Please include the tag [[Category:Design_Notes]]
anywhere on the new page. I have already done that for existing Design Notes.
I also transfered the items from /Join_the_team! to their own Design Notes site
and linked them on the roadmap.
You can view all design Notes here:
http://denemo.org/index.php/Category:Design_Notes

4) If an item is finished [done] just leave it on the roadmap.

5) The actual work now is to think of the plan how to develop Denemo to what it
should be and sort the roadmap.