Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor + 0.8.6 release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor + 0.8.6 release
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:06:00 +0100

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 08:55 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 15:24 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >

> > On Jun 15, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> > wrote:

> > > Ok, it wasn't quite right but it is all working now. Thanks a lot for
> > > this, I know you must be busy.
> >
> > Does anything need changing or tweaking on the server end of things?
> Yes, if you could treat actions/editscripts and actions/bitmaps in the
> same way as actions/menus, putting them in download then I'll work on
> getting them downloaded as well, and I'll use your idea of only
> downloading files with newer timestamps.
I've done this - it only downloads newer versions of files. It should
also download bitmaps and editscripts when they are there.

>  This can all happen
> automatically (if not disabled) on startup.
This will happen in the background. It takes quite a while, even though
the actual download time for the whole set is 0.3 seconds on my ISP,
there's a lot of time waiting, and there were even some  re-tries.
We could do with a callback so that denemo knows when it is finished, so
that the user can be informed if need be. I'm not sure how easy it is to
tell if there have been new files downloaded.