Re: [Denemo-devel] Getting gio working for Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Getting gio working for Denemo
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 08:42:11 +0100

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 14:14 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> We would end up incorprating a web-browser into Denemo if we started
> parsing this to navigate to a command to download. Instead, it would
> obviously be better to create an index to the available commands which
> would be in a fixed place. This would then be downloaded on starting
> Denemo and the commands could be downloaded after reading that.

Well, perhaps what we should do is create a file named index.html on
each directory below http://denemo.org/menus
That file would contain a directory listing as plain text.

MainMenu/
ObjectMenu/

Files would be represented without the trailing /, say, and then it
would be easy to write navigation/download of new commands. My only
reservation is, has this already been done - is it already sitting in
gtk somewhere?

*AND* is it easy to write a script to update the index.html files with
the directory contents in an arbitray hierarchy of files on denemo.org?
Nils would know????