Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:19:05 -0500

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 17:07 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 10:02 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >
> > You did write up something to apply code to a selection with
> > transpose.
> > I did not look at the code. I have it here on my hard drive. I removed
> > it from git because I was not sure how to remove it from a release.
> > Transpose was not ready because it was possibly destructive. It did
> > not
> > apply to chords (simultaneous notes in GList). It also was not able to
> > transpose by some (can't remember which) interval. Should I resubmit
> > it
> > to git?
> I'd say yes, we can always put a check in to prevent it being used on
> un-saved scores if it can't be fixed in time for the release.
> And speaking of releases, we really should do this, there is so much
> there, including major bug fixes.

We need to do something about the lilypond version before we release.
Lilypond >= 2.12 has different command line arguments. This breaks the
print excerpt if this is not checked for and then feeding the correct
command line arguments to lilypond. AFAIK the lilypond code still works
and everything I have tested renders fine. Ubuntu 9.04 released in 6
days from now has lilypond 2.12.1 as default.